martes, 1 de noviembre de 2016



Resultado de imagen para san agustin park huila
Today we will learn a little bit about our famous Archeological Park, Its name is San Agustín.
It is located in the south part of the department of Huila and  It was declared a  UNESCO worls Heritage site in the year 1995.
The archeological park contains the largest collection of religious monuments and traditiuonal sculptures from the  Agustin Culture.
You will find displays of stone tools, sculptures, funeral urns, and gold pieces that are realted to different societies form the Huila region.
The park itself corresponds to a small area with a high concentration of graves.

San Agustin is located 520 kilometers away from Bogota, you will have to take South Highway and it is going to take you about 10 hours by car, nevertheless you will be able to visit different small cities on your way there and at the same time you will be able to have a taste of our culture and exquisite meals.
For further information visit:



10 comentarios:

  1. Lyda, San Agustin seems to have been a very organized culture. Let me tell you, that I had the opportunity to be there once, and I felt a strange sense of peace. Nice place to be visited.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

      Eliminar
    2. Blanca, do you consider that kind of places has keep any spiritual energy from those ancient cultures?

      Eliminar
    3. I truly believe so, I am the kind of person that thinks that in everywhere we go or stay the people´s energy remains in a way.

      Eliminar
    4. Hi Temis, Yes I do. Personally I have received some incredible sensations which invited me to enjoy the pleasant silent. I am convinced that those ancient cultures had chosen special places to build their cities, close to the top of the hills, mainly those places with nice view, peaceful, in order for them to have an open space to contemplate the sky and to thank their gods for the gift of living.

      Eliminar
    5. Dear Lyda and Blanca, it is magic. So, I look forward to visiting there soon. Your experiences are motivating.

      Eliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Lyda, this touristic recommendation is wonderful because of its historical and archaelogical value for mankind. The constructions, art and elements created by this indigenous ancestors are incredible considering the rudimentary tools they counted on at that time. So, I think visiting this place is not only a 'must' for foreigners who come to our country, but for Colombians too.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Helo Lyda, I found very interestic this post, I always wanted and I will want to visit San Agustin because its Culture and history is very interesting. I hope I will be able to be there.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello Lyda I really like your post, I will go to San Agustin for learn more because you give an excellenet description of the place.
    Thanks

    ResponderEliminar